- Don't ride the aero bars in a paceline - you need those brakes handy.
- So you don't overlap wheels.
- Be aware of where people are around you. Don't change your line without knowing if you are about to take someone out.
- When your front wheel is falling apart on you, hit the back brake and stop before you crash. Coasting to a gradual stop isn't advisable.
- Use a sturdier wheel. That wheel fell apart pretty easily and I would say it was under designed spoke-wise. It definitely ain't a Reynolds.
November 19, 2011
How Not to Ride in a Paceline
Another good cycling crash laugh. Those helmet cams are priceless. I can think of five things, any one of which would have prevented the final handlebar vault.